Transform your smile by Whitening Your Teeth
Our culture has come to associate white teeth with beauty, youth, and vitality. You may be surprised to learn that teeth are not naturally white; they are actually varying shades of yellow. Our teeth are as unique as we are; some teeth have more yellow tones than others.
Reasons for Professional Teeth Whitening
You may be dissatisfied with the shade of your teeth for a number of reasons:
- Your natural teeth have more shades of yellow than you prefer.
- The food and drink you consume each day can stain your teeth, especially coffee and tea.
- Tobacco use has resulted in nicotine staining.
- Plaque and tartar have accumulated on the surfaces of your teeth.
- Medications taken as a child while your teeth were forming under the gums may have discolored your permanent teeth.
- Trauma to your teeth may have affected the nerve yielding them a grayish shade.
- Your teeth may appear mottled or chalky in appearance due to high levels of naturally occurring fluoride in the water supply (common in West Texas).
- The aging process may be manifesting itself through darker teeth.
Even if you are meticulous about your dental care routine, your teeth may not be as white as you would like them. One simple, economical, and non-invasive way to revive your smile is through whitening. Our dentists can let you know if you are a candidate for this service. We will recommend and use only professional-strength whitening products because they provide the longest-lasting and brightest results for our patients in comparison to store-bought whitening products.
Teeth whitening can be done in our office, at home, or with a combination of both. A quick solution is a one-hour Opalescence® Boost whitening session in our office, which can lighten your teeth several shades, but lasts a shorter period of time. Boost whitening is a great option if you have a special event within a few days, but if you have a week or more to whiten your teeth we recommend take-away trays for a longer lasting result.
With this method, we fabricate clear plastic custom trays in which you place professional-strength whitening gel. You wear the trays for 30 to 60 minutes daily at a time convenient to your schedule.
The timing and degree of your results may vary, but in about one to two weeks most patients experience a difference they are pleased with. Choosing the take-away method allows the whitening solution to soak deeper into the tooth than the in-office Boost method thus ensuring a longer lasting result.
Schedule your appointment for professional teeth whitening in Katy, TX now! Also serving Cinco Ranch and Fulshear.