Dental treatment is an excellent investment in your physical and psychological well being. We are dedicated to helping you keep your smile healthy and beautiful for a lifetime. You can count on us to help in every way we possibly can to make the most exceptional dentistry affordable.
We will explain all dental procedures and associated fees clearly and professionally before we begin treatment. It is our policy to make definite financial arrangements with patients before any treatment begins. We’re pleased to offer different payment options including low or no interest payments, and we’ll be happy to assist you in choosing and qualifying for a payment option that best fits your needs. We can discuss these options with you at your first visit.
A dental benefit plan is designed to share in your dental care costs. It may not cover the total cost of your care. Most plans cover between 50 and 80% of dental services. A dental plan is a contract between your employer and a third party (insurance company). There are many different kinds of dental plans and reimbursement levels. While we are not a party in these contracts, we do have four staff members with nearly 55 years combined experienced in estimating benefits of dental plans. We are proud of our ability to unravel the mysteries and benefits of your particular plan.
We expedite our claims filing process by submitting claims electronically when an insurance company accepts this format. Additionally, we provide follow-up replies and documentation to your insurance company electronically if they are able to accept them. Each month we file 350 -450 dental claims, the majority of which are paid exactly as estimated. We think it would be difficult to find a dental office that understands insurance and processes your insurance claims better and faster than we do.
We will accept your insurance as long as your planoffersthe option to choose your dentist. Most plans provide you this freedom. We are particpatory providers for Delta Premier and Blue Cross/ BlueShield of Texas. If your dental plan is not part of one of these networks you can still utilize our services. Most dental plans will allow you to seek dental care outside of their network and most do not reduce your benefit level for doing so. Our staff can advise you about your dental benefit plan and your ability to seek out of network dental care.
If you have insurance benefits and assign benefits to us, we will manage your account as follows:
- No administrative fee will be assessed for filing insurance claims; we will provide this service as a courtesy.
- You must provide our dental staff with accurate insurance billing information at the time of your appointment, or you will be responsible for payment in full. (When possible we prefer to receive insurance information in advance of your appointment so that we can avoid delays in estimating your benefits at the time of service.)
- Our administrative staff will research insurance benefits and estimate coverage based on our insurance expertise. We do not guarantee our benefit estimates to be correct and are not responsible for benefits that are not paid exactly as estimated.
- If we cannot reasonably estimate secondary insurance coverage, the office will accept assignment for only the primary insurance coverage. You must file secondary insurance coverage in this instance.
- You are responsible for paying deductibles and estimated co-payments when making appointments. You are also responsible for paying all charges not covered by your insurance plans, including all fees considered above your insurance policy’s usual and customary fee schedule.
- Information requests to you from the insurance company and/or our practice must be promptly responded to.
- The office will submit a claim to an insurance company up to two times per appointment for the purpose of obtaining payment. Further insurance appeals are your responsibility.
- You are responsible for insurance balances in full after 60 days; even if your insurance company has not paid, further insurance appeals beyond the 60 days period are your responsibility.
- Insurance benefits are a contract between the patient and his/her employer. The coverage a patient will receive depends upon the quality of the plan purchased by his/her employer, not the fees of the doctor. You are financially responsible for all services provided at Crabtree Dental. Any insurance benefit not paid as estimated is your responsibility.
- If your balance after insurance payment is under $5 it will be collected on your next visit to our practice. A statement for balances over $5 will be mailed to your account address and will be due within 30 days of billing.